The following are common accommodations. All decisions regarding accommodation requests, including others not listed below, are made in consultation with the student's Program Specialist and in accordance with UNM Policy 2310.
Below are the guidelines for requesting the "accessible furniture" accommodation:
- Students requiring ADA accessible desks or chairs need to submit their class schedule prior to the beginning of the semester.
- A work order is submitted to the Physical Plant of the Special Activities Unit. ADA tables and chairs are moved to the designated classroom by UNM movers.
- Other accessibility issues, e.g. residence halls, campus services, organization meetings, are determined on an individual basis. It is the responsibility of the student to make ARC aware of any accessibility problems.
- Custodial Services may assist in locating moved accessible furniture in academic buildings. The point of contact is the Senior Account Manager of Custodial Services.
Arrangements for accessible transportation for field trips and other events when transportation is provided by the University are made through the Department of Transportation and Parking (PATS). The type of accessible transportation is limited so it is necessary to make arrangements well in advance. PATS provides the vehicle and driver at departmental expense.
Go here for a complete map of the central UNM campus, with accessible routes.
- Front row seating. A seat at the front of the class is necessary to provide clear view of the lecturer and written information.
- Back row seating (near exit). A seat near the exit is necessary to assist in entrance and exit.