Anne B. Thomas No Bounds Scholarship
hThe Accessibility Resource Center accepts applications annually for the No Bounds Scholarship, an endowment generously given by the family of Anne B. Thomas in her memory. ARC awards the No Bounds Scholarship each spring semester during the Student Activities Recognition Reception in April. ARC will begin accepting applications during the first half of the spring semester.
Anne B. Thomas was a fierce spirit who lived with no bounds. Paralyzed at 18, Anne became a lawyer, fought for the rights of others at the Office of Equal Opportunity at UNM, traveled the world, and became a professional storyteller. Despite numerous health challenges and frequent hospital stays, she created joy and adventure every day. Anne was the linchpin of her family and confidant to her friends, and she touched everyone she met with her wit, warmth, and kindness. Albuquerque held a special place in her heart as the place of her re-entry into independence after her accident as she earned both her BA and JD at the University of New Mexico. The purpose of the Anne B. Thomas No Bounds Scholarship at UNM is to aid undergraduate students with disabilities in achieving their dreams.
To provide support for UNM students with permanent disabilities, with particular preference to student financial need.
- The applicant must be an incoming or current undergraduate student at the University of New Mexico and have a permanent disability.
- The applicant must have a minimum overall GPA of 2.5 and be in good academic standing.
- The applicant must fully complete the application process by 5:00pm on the application deadline.
Recipients will be chosen by a Selection Committee in accordance with the above eligibility requirements based on need and the quality of their 500-word statement.
AWARD & PAYMENT
- Three (3) one-time awards of $800.
- Applications must be received by 5:00pm on the date the application is due.
- Complete the applicant information page.
- Attach a typed personal statement of up to 500 words. Please address the following:
- What are your academic goals and career goals?
- Describe a time in your life that has shaped who you are as a person?
- From a financial standpoint what impact would this scholarship have on your education?
- Submit application to firstname.lastname@example.org.